Scott's Studio!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reminder

Go down

Reminder Empty Reminder

Post  Scott Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:46 am

Just to reiterate a few things about everyone's lessons... There's a philosophy that most teachers have and one that I employ as well that I think of which we may sometimes lose sight. Many people seek teachers out and believe that they will 'fix' everything you may do incorrectly or provide magical knowledge that will help you double your skills. This is rarely the case. Smile Of course, there's no denying that a private teacher will be able to help you in a myriad of ways, but much of how you improve will come from how you APPLY the knowledge and techniques given to you. YOU are your own best teacher. By practicing intelligently and diligently you will find how to change your playing and adapt to the music your own way. Just remember your teacher is your guide - I can't do the work for you!

Also, your 'private' forums are a great way to bounce ideas back and forth. If you're having a problem with a passage, or a technique, let me know - I'll give you as much feedback and help I can!

Scott

Scott

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum